It’s hard to believe that October has already come and gone here in Belton and that we’re already well on our way into the holiday season! For many of us, the holiday season in Kansas City means the Plaza Lights, shopping centers decked out in holiday décor, brightly wrapped packages hidden away from prying eyes, food, fun, festivities, and time with the family!
But for some—especially those who may be far away from their own families this holiday season—the holidays can be just like any other time of year. And here at Lazy Acres adult living community in Belton, we don’t think that’s right. We think of our community as one big family, and we want everyone to feel the warm embrace of the holiday season! So here are a few ways that we can all reach out to our neighbors and help their holidays be merry and bright!
- Invite someone from the neighborhood over for dinner! It doesn’t have to be anything fancy— even just meatloaf and potatoes makes for a warm gesture that may just make someone’s season. And if they can’t get out easily, take dinner to them!
- Ask some of your neighbors to be friends on Facebook! After all, the kids shouldn’t get to have all the fun on social media. Plus, you can invite them to visit the Lazy Acres Facebook page!
- Got plans for the weekend? Invite a neighbor to come along! You can go see the Plaza Lights, or just take a drive through any one of the dozens of neighborhood holiday light displays in the KC Area.
- Hand out cookies! Bake some cookies, wrap them up in something colorful, and you’ve got an instant gift that your neighbors are sure to enjoy! After all, who doesn’t love cookies?
- Have a movie night! You don’t have to go out to enjoy yourself. When the weather gets cold, pop in one of your favorite movies and have some people from the neighborhood over to enjoy it with you!
- If you know someone has something big going on in their lives—like a doctor’s appointment or the arrival of a new grandchild—mark the date on your calendar and remember to send them a little something to let them know you’re thinking of them. It can be as elaborate as a greeting card or as simple as a text message, but it will let them know you care.
- Or just say hi! Sometimes all it takes is a knock at the door or a friendly hello when you’re out walking in the neighborhood to brighten someone’s day. If you haven’t seen a neighbor for a few days, maybe check in on them and see how they’re doing. It doesn’t take much, but it can make a big difference to them!
Whatever you do to love your neighbor, there’s no better place to do it than at the Lazy Acres adult living community in Belton! Here at Lazy Acres, we like to think that we’re one of the friendliest communities around, and we’re always happy to welcome new people to our neighborhood! Want to learn more? Just give us a call anytime during our regular business hours at (816) 331-4886 or fill out our online contact form day or night!