Autumn is in the air in Belton! The apples are ready to pick, stores are starting to put out their Halloween decorations, and pumpkin-spiced everything is back. Wednesday, September 23rd is the Autumnal Equinox, which also makes it the first official day of fall, and it’ll be upon us before we know it! So, it’s time to get ready for autumn here at the Lazy Acres adult community in Belton, which means getting those jackets out of storage, gathering the ingredients for our favorite fall treats, and enjoying all the fall festivals and other events in Belton and the Kansas City area!
Here in Belton, it wouldn’t be fall without the Downtown Belton Main Street Fall Festival that’s coming up on the 11th and 12th, not to mention fresh, local Farmer’s Markets on the 10th, 17th, and 24th of the month! Then, as September draws to a close, there’s the Main Street Car Cruise on the 26th. All these and more can be found at Belton.org, or you can check their calendar for all the upcoming events in the Belton area!
Of course, residents of the Lazy Acres adult community in Belton don’t have to limit themselves to what’s available right here in our fair city; all of the Kansas City Area is just a short drive away, and it’s bursting at the seams with fun things to do this autumn! Here are just a few things that are coming up:
- Go apple picking most weekends in September at a number of area orchards! Days and times for Alldredge Orchards in Platte City and Cider Hill Family Orchard in Kansas City are available at their websites.
- Relive history by visiting Olathe’s Old Settlers Days September 10-12th, featuring crafts, booths, a carnival, and other family fun, including a parade on Saturday!
- Visit a variety of top-notch local art shows, including Art Westport September 11-13th and the Plaza Art Fair September 25-27th. Both feature top-notch artists from around the metro and across the country, as well as live music and more than two dozen featured restaurants at the Plaza Art Fair!
- Take the whole family to the Family Tree Nursery Fall Festival on September 19th & 20th. There’ll be loads of activities for all ages, as well as music, food, and a wide variety of pumpkins, gourds, mums, and other seasonal plants. Plus, Terrarium and Fairy Garden Workshops!
- Can’t get enough arts and crafts? You’re in luck, because the Shawnee Town Arts & Crafts Fair is happening September 19th, featuring nearly 100 booths showcasing the work of local chefs, jewelers, weavers, woodworkers, and more!
- Lee’s Summit celebrates Oktoberfest on September 25th & 26th with authentic German meals, live entertainment, German dances, a Biergarten, children’s activities, and much more!
- On September 26th & 27th and October 3rd & 4th, the Louisburg Cider Mill will be hosting their annual Ciderfest & Craft Fair. Come for the cider, stay for the handmade crafts, live music, pumpkins, and other activities!
- Or, take another opportunity to watch history come alive in Olathe by visiting Wild West Days at the Mahaffie Stagecoach Stop & Farm on September 26th & 27th! Attractions include stagecoach rides, a Chuckwagon Cook Off, and historical exhibits and performers!
And, of course, you can’t discuss autumn in Kansas City without mentioning the American Royal—which features events all season long, including the Parade, Bar-B-Q, Rodeo and Horse Shows:
- Arabian Horse Show: Sept. 17 – 18
- Invitational Youth Rodeo Sept. 22 – 25
- American Royal ProRodeo: Sept. 25 & 26
- World Series of Bar-B-Q: Oct. 1 – 4
- American Royal Parade: Oct. 3
There’s plenty to do this fall in the Kansas City Area. And, if you don’t want to go alone, you can always take one of your friends or neighbors from the Lazy Acres adult community in Belton! If you’re not already a resident of the Lazy Acres senior living community in Belton, Missouri, we’d be happy to hear from you anytime during regular business hours at (816) 331-4886. Or if you’d rather, our online contact form is available day or night!