It’s been a long winter. It feels like it’s lasted about a year, actually! But all joking aside, spring is officially here, and all of us here at Lazy Acres are pretty happy to have the worst of the cold weather behind us. March is going out like a lamb, and if you’re anything like us, you’re feeling about as frisky as one. It looks like 2021 is going to have a lot more fun and safe options for people looking to celebrate spring. Read on if you want a list of fun activities that will allow you to get out of the house safely and won’t break the bank.
1. Check out the local farmers markets. Springtime veggies such as greens and radishes can already be found at the farmers market, so why not check out your local vendors and see what they have fresh for you? Some markets also have local food carts, so even if you don’t need produce you can get a snack and some fresh air.
2. Get coffee at a sidewalk café. As the weather improves, outdoor dining is seeming a lot more enticing! Why not get a cappuccino and have a chat with a friend?
3. Picnic in the park with a date. There’s nothing quite like sunshine, fresh green grass, and warm breezes, huh? All you need is a wedge of cheese, a loaf of bread, and an apple, and you’ve got the makings of a fun lunch date at one of our great parks in Belton, MO!
4. Follow the KC Royals. Nothing says spring like major league baseball, right? As always, we have a great team and a full schedule of games ahead of us, so put on your ballcap, grill a few hot dogs, grab a beverage from the fridge, and tune in to see our Boys in Blue play!
5. Go fishing. We love to fish here at Lazy Acres. As the weather warms up, why not head to a pier or creek and enjoy the weather—and maybe some fresh fish!
6. Go for a hike at any one of our great parks! When you choose a senior living community in Belton, you’ll get a lot of great parks close by! Why not check one out on a nice day? You’ll get your steps in, and we know the signs of nature renewing itself will bring joy to your heart.
7. Gardening! It’s time to start thinking about your garden this year! Whether you do window boxes of herbs or big pots full of tomatoes, make a plan—and don’t wait too long!
If you’re still feeling those wintertime blues, why not do one of the above with your grandkids? That’s getting safer these days! When the time is right, set a date to explore a new playground, visit a duck pond, or skip rocks at a lake. As it gets a bit warmer, it’ll be time to get ice cream, too!
Got spring fever? Share your favorite springtime activities on the Lazy Acres Facebook page! We love to hear from our residents here at Lazy Acres. If you’re not yet a member of our community, but would like to join us, give us a call anytime during our regular business hours at (816) 331-4886 or fill out our online contact form anytime!